Frightful and Delightful
Easy to make Halloween spider-web treats
If you’re looking for an easy and fun treat to celebrate Halloween with, you’ve come to the right place. Halloween spider-web candies require no experience to make and are fun to make and of course, fun to eat.
1. Pretzel sticks (equal to the number of candies you plan on making multiplied by eight)
2. Two cups of white candy coating or some white frosting
3. Brown frosting (optional: small bag full of chocolate chips or raisins)
1. Get two baking sheets and line them with aluminum foil (you will assemble the candies on these).
2. Group the pretzel sticks into circular groups of eight, making sure all of the pretzel sticks meet at the center and spread out in a circle around it.
3. If you are using candy coating, heat the candy coating in the microwave for about 45 seconds, and then scoop the melted coating into a Ziploc bag. Cut a tiny hole in a corner of the Ziploc bag that you can use to spread the coating in a thin line. If you are using frosting, you can apply it directly to the candies.
1. Put a circular blob of frosting or candy coating in the center where all the pretzel sticks meet to hold them together.
2. Work your way outward, spiraling the frosting or candy coating to make it look like a spider web. Be sure that when spreading the frosting or candy coating, it is thin enough to be distinguished as a spider web but also thick enough so that it will not fall apart.
3. Melt your chocolate chips into chocolate syrup in the microwave for about forty-five seconds and scoop it into a Ziploc bag just as you did for the candy coating. Cut a hole in the corner of the Ziploc bag.
4. Use the melted chocolate syrup or chocolate frosting to draw a spider in the center of the web, where the blob holding the pretzel sticks together is.
5. As an alternative to drawing the spider, you can also simply put a chocolate chip or raisin in the center of the pretzel sticks if you want.
To finish up, refrigerate the spider-web candies for about ten minutes and then peel off the foil from the back. Enjoy!