The tweet that started World War Three

Camyll Reyes, Staff Writer

With the tragedy of World War III among us, the world of social media has never faced a global war devastation with this particular impact. Shade is thrown all over Twitter without second thought. Civilians are camera shot by memeist ready to snap their double chin to the President. In the past few weeks more than 10,000 twitter accounts lost due to deactivation or dry posts, more than 100,000 morphed memes, and an increase in Kim Jong Un’s Twitter followers. Rumors have been floating around about why and how this stirring calamity came to be. Most people blame the rumors fueled by fake news, others blame the wrath of fandoms and dank memes. The truth lies in the graves of tweets under the name Donald Trump. Many theorize that Trump tweeted under the influence for the first time since he was fifteen, some say he accidentally posted a dank meme, and others genuinely believe the President is incompetent and inconsiderate. Nonetheless, 1/17 will be a day remembered in history, that the WW3 began. Here lies the authentic, stripped tweet that initiated the world’s third war:

Social media experts have analyzed President Trump’s tweet regarding Kim Jong Un and claim he was just trying to be “savvy with the teens” and post a relatable meme. If that were the case, he has forgotten his authority as President. While no American missiles hit South Korea, other countries have unfortunately responded to President Trump’s “meme” in a more serious manner. Countries around the world have built armies of Twitter handlers to fight the war.

Twitter has become a battleground for countries all over the world. Encrypted millennial-inspired posts precede military advancements. Of the 75.4 million American millennials, one third were drafted to combat roasts against the government and her people, stalk foreign accounts, and decode hidden messages.

“Our daily mission is to be original and aggressive,” Caption Expert Brian Bross said. “But ever since Daquan Geese was recruited, the majority of us captionists were sent home.”

Since the outburst of  WW3, it has become harder to determine the line between a combat trash-poster and an average angsty teenager on Twitter. High school administrations advise students to limit their media activity to their finstas rather than the war ground.

“I thought the Jeff post was relevant,” high school freshman Paul Crugmen said. “I meant no harm, but now I’m been banned from twitter claiming my profile is ‘irrelevant’ now.”

In light of recent events, WiFi has become a bare necessity. Fearing a missed opportunity to post, Trump has shifted half of the border wall funding to his partnered WiFi company. As of this month, America is the leading country for response time on Twitter.