The student-created online news source for Irvington High School | Fremont, CA

The Voice

New Building Cost

The+Irvington+High+School+new+building+is+built+by+the+measure+E+bond+by+the+Fremont+Unified+School+District%2C+costing+approximately+11.8+million.+
The Irvington High School new building is built by the measure E bond by the Fremont Unified School District, costing approximately 11.8 million.

ProjectFrog

ProjectFrog

Annika Yong, Staff Writer

The Irvington High School new building is a 22,000 square foot facility featuring eight math classrooms and four science classrooms. It is also equipped with fume hoods, prep rooms, student break out spaces, and a 12-foot interior learning corridor. The new building’s total project cost, according to the Fremont Unified School District, was $11,822,500. It was built under measure E, which Fremont voters passed in June 2014, and was finally in use this school year.

The building was part of the series A of the Measure E bond projects. Series A is the first series of projects among five series and was carried from 2015 to 2016, the district selling 140 million to finance the series A project and the Measure E funds. Measure E is a ten year plan consisting of school improvement projects from 2015 to 2025 for school facilities and resources in the Fremont Unified School District. The project totaled as a $650 million bond, addressing critical facilities needs throughout the Fremont Unified District, including modernization and new construction projects to address current school overcrowding and future growth caused by constructions of new apartment complexes.

The modern-looking building stands out compared to the old building complex because of its brand new and efficient facilities. With each classroom featuring abundant natural light, superior acoustics and enhanced thermal comfort, the new building creates a 21st century environment designed to enhance the learning experience.

• New Building Cost

Features

IHS Class of 2017 College Decisions

• New Building Cost

Features

What is general anxiety really like? The Voice takes a look into the life of a student.

• New Building Cost

Features

A Day in the Life of Counselor Leticia Velazco

• New Building Cost

Features

Officer Luevano

• New Building Cost

Features

A Day in the Life of Principal Barrious

• Features

Fleeting Flight – Mrs. Marcia Luna Feature

• Features

Firefighting 451

• Features

Serving Our Country

• New Building Cost

Features

Bailando Ballado

• New Building Cost

Features

A Past before Physics

New Building Cost